What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- Information about your device, IP address, operating system and browser type
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
For the exhaustive list of cookies we collect see the List of cookies we collect section.
What we do with the information we gather
- Provide you with information, or services that you requested from us;
- Allow you to participate in interactive features of our Site, when you choose to do so;
- Ensure that content from our Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device;
- Improve our Site and services;
- Process and deal with any complaints or enquiries made by you; and
- Contact you for marketing purposes where you have signed up for these
We use this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service. Below identifies specifically what we do with the information we gather:
- Website activity for internal record keeping and to help us improve our Site, products and services.
- When you complete forms on our website (“Site”). This includes your email address, name, contact telephone number, address, which is provided at the time of registering to use our Site, subscribing to our services, requesting further services;
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
- Whenever you provide information to us when reporting a problem with our Site, making a complaint, making an enquiry or contacting us for any other reason. If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence;
- Details of your visits to our Site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise, and the resources that you access (see section on Cookies below);
- We may collect information about your device, including where available your Internet Protocol address, for reasons of fraud protection. We may also collect information about your device’s operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
- We will collect details such as your email address, name, contact telephone number, address, bank details when you order goods or services from us either via our Site, by email, facsimile, post, electronic data links, by telephone (we may also record the conversation), if you complete an order/transaction form or send us a purchase order. We will use this information to process your order and comply with our contractual obligations.
- In order to perform our contact with you, we may also need to share personal data with third parties such as payment providers, sub-contractors, suppliers, hauliers and postal service organisations to assist in the delivery of goods or services you have ordered;
- We may also advertise your feedback on our website and marketing materials (subject to obtaining your prior consent where necessary);
- We will retain your information as long as we require this to provide you with the goods or services ordered from us and for a period of 7 years afterwards. Where you have subscribed to receive marketing correspondence from us we will keep personal data 7 years from when you are provided with the opportunity to opt-out of receiving marketing correspondence from us.
We will collect details such as email address, name, contact telephone number, address, bank details in order to contact you about goods or services ordered with you and to place further orders. We will keep the personal data for 7 years further to being provided with the goods/services.
- In addition to the uses described in sections above, we may use customer personal data for our legitimate interests in order to provide you with details about our goods, services, and with your consent business updates and events which we think may be of interest.
- If you are not an existing Customer but you invite us to provide information about our goods/services, we may collect your email address, name, contact telephone number and address for the purposes of providing you with information about our goods and services or offers. We will retain such data for a period of 3 years from the point at which you provide us with your data, unless you place an order with us in which case the above will apply.
- You have the right to opt-out of receiving the information detailed above at any time. To opt-out of receiving such information you can:
- Tick the relevant box situated in the form on which we collect your information or by logging into your account;
- Clicking the unsubscribe button contained in any such communication received; or
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org providing us with your name and contact details.
- You have the right to request the information we hold on you at any time, in certain circumstances we reserve the right to charge a reasonable fee to comply with your request.
We may use information regarding past purchasing patterns and your type of business in order for us to tailor our marketing material to your specific behavior and activities (eg such as your previous use of handling equipment). We use email monitoring services to monitor the emails which we send to users. In doing this we obtain information such as but not limited to:
- Time of receipt
- Time of opening
- Device user opened with
- Location it was opened in
- Which parts of the email you interacted with.
- We use systems that enable us to link your social media accounts to your account if registered with the same email address. This enables us to tailor our promotions and products as best as possible.
- Where you have provided us with a mobile number we may market to you using SMS and Push notification interactions.
- Our systems are set up to enable us to record your purchasing history with us and your market sector. We link this data to your account so that we can determine what offers or informational emails or mailings may be of interest to you.
Legal Basis For Processing Your Personal Data
- In accordance with data protection legislation we are required to notify you of the legal basis upon which we process your personal data. We process your personal data for the following reasons:
- For performance of a contract we enter into with you;
- Where necessary for compliance with a legal obligation we are subject to; and
- For our legitimate interests (as described within this policy).
Disclosure Of Personal Data to third parties
- We may disclose your information to third parties for the following legitimate interests:
- To staff members, suppliers, contractors and hauliers in order to facilitate the provision of goods, services or product information to you;
- To our affiliated entities to support internal administration;
- IT software providers that host our website and store data on our behalf; and
- To a prospective buyer of some or all of our business or assets, in which case personal data including personal data will also be one of the transferred assets.
- We may disclose personal data to the police, regulatory bodies, legal advisors or similar third parties where we are under a legal duty to disclose or share personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our website terms and conditions and other agreements; or to protect our rights, property, or safety of our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- We will not sell or distribute personal data to other organisations without your approval.
Cross-Border Data Transfers
- We will not transfer your personal data outside the European Economic Area.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
- Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
- Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted to our Site; any transmission is at your own risk.
- Information you provide to us is shared on our secure servers. We have implemented appropriate physical, technical and organisational measures designed to secure your information against accidental loss and unauthorised access, use, alteration or disclosure. In addition, we limit access to personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties that have a legitimate business need for such access.
Access To, Updating, Deleting And Restricting Use Of Personal Data
- It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if the personal data we hold about you changes.
- Data protection legislation gives you the right to object to the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances or withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal data where this has been provided. You also have the right to access information held about you and for this to be provided in an intelligible form. If you would like a copy of some or all of your personal information, please send an email to email@example.com. In certain circumstances we reserve the right to charge a reasonable fee to comply with your request.
You can also ask us to undertake the following:
- Update or amend your personal data if you feel this is inaccurate;
- Remove your personal data from our database entirely;
- Send you copies of your personal data in a commonly used format and transfer your information to another entity where you have supplied this to us. We will process this electronically with your consent or where necessary for the performance of a contract
- Restrict the use of your personal data.
- We may request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and your right to access, and to provide you with the personal data that we hold about you or make your requested changes. Data protection legislation may allow or require us to refuse to provide you with access to some or all the personal data that we hold about you or to comply with any requests made in accordance with your rights referred to above. If we cannot provide you with access to your personal data, or process any other request we receive, we will inform you of the reasons why, subject to any legal or regulatory restrictions.
- Please send any requests relating to the above to our Data Lead at firstname.lastname@example.org specifying your name and the action you would like us to undertake.
Right to Withdraw Consent
Where you have provided your consent to the collection, processing and transfer of your personal data, you have the legal right to withdraw your consent under certain circumstances. To withdraw your consent, if applicable, please contact us at email@example.com.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by letting us know using our Contact Us information
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please email us this request using our Contact Us information. In certain circumstances we reserve the right to charge.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
The table below lists the cookies we collect and what information they store.
|Cookie Name||Cookie Description|
|FORM_KEY||Stores randomly generated key used to prevent forged requests.|
|PHPSESSID||Your session ID on the server.|
|GUEST-VIEW||Allows guests to view and edit their orders.|
|PERSISTENT_SHOPPING_CART||A link to information about your cart and viewing history, if you have asked for this.|
|STF||Information on products you have emailed to friends.|
|STORE||The store view or language you have selected.|
|MAGE-CACHE-SESSID||Facilitates caching of content on the browser to make pages load faster.|
|MAGE-CACHE-STORAGE||Facilitates caching of content on the browser to make pages load faster.|
|MAGE-CACHE-STORAGE-SECTION-INVALIDATION||Facilitates caching of content on the browser to make pages load faster.|
|MAGE-CACHE-TIMEOUT||Facilitates caching of content on the browser to make pages load faster.|
|SECTION-DATA-IDS||Facilitates caching of content on the browser to make pages load faster.|
|PRIVATE_CONTENT_VERSION||Facilitates caching of content on the browser to make pages load faster.|
|X-MAGENTO-VARY||Facilitates caching of content on the server to make pages load faster.|
|MAGE-TRANSLATION-FILE-VERSION||Facilitates translation of content to other languages.|
|MAGE-TRANSLATION-STORAGE||Facilitates translation of content to other languages.|
We use this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service. Below identifies specifically what we do with the information we gather: