Diesel Generator Direct - Return and Refund Policy
Return and Refund Policy
The policy below applies only to products ordered via this website channel via this sites shopping cart function.
Subject to the below exceptions, Diesel generator Direct is happy to exchange or refund your purchase within 60 days of delivery. Your refund will be credited to the original payment card on the day of the original goods are received by us, but may take up to 14 working days.
Unwanted goods must be returned in a fully re-sale-able condition, with all accessories, manuals and any packaging intact. We reserve the right to refuse an exchange or full refund if goods are not returned in a re-sale-able condition or are damaged. If these conditions are met we will gladly offer a replacement, exchange or refund. Refunds on promotional goods purchased under a promotional offer will be based on the terms of the promotional price. Our 60 days returns policy is in addition to the standard 14 day returns offered by the Consumer Contact Regulations.
If for any reason you believe your product is defective please notify us immediately on +44 (0) 1977 657 989 or via email email@example.com. If your product is faulty or covered under warranty any carriage costs incurred shipping the goods back will be refunded up to the amount of £5.30.
Upon receipt of your order you are advised to carefully inspect the package and goods to ensure they are intact and complete, before signing for receipt of delivery. Should you find the parcel to be damaged or incomplete you must refuse delivery of the goods.
Please report any damaged or faulty items to Diesel Generator Direct within 24 hours of ordering and provide any information requested (eg photographs) within 24 hours.
If you have ordered the incorrect part or wish to return an order, for most items we will be able to exchange the product free of charge with just the carriage to pay.
* PLEASE NOTE: Some parts may be subject to a restocking fee - this is normally 20% of the product value.
How do I return a product?
Please follow the instructions below on our returns page before returning any goods.
We require all returned goods (defective, damaged, unwanted or otherwise) to be sent back to us in the original condition they were received in, with all accessories, manuals and the original packaging. Items that are being returned purely because they are no longer wanted should be returned in unopened packaging. Diesel Generator Direct retain the right to refuse a refund or charge an appropriate fee for items that are returned without original packaging and/or without accessories and manuals.
You can return unwanted items via your local postal service or we can arrange for a courier to collect the items. Collection may require a payment up front which would be fully refunded in the event of a product defect or warranty claim.
- In the event of a product failing, your first course of action should be to contact Diesel Generator Direct at firstname.lastname@example.org
- After 60 days but within 6 months of purchase date: Once the fault has been established and deemed impossible to be solved on site, Diesel Generator Direct will arrange for collection of the item at cost to the customer. This will be refunded in full if the item is found to be faulty.
- If the machine is being returned it is the customer’s responsibility to drain all fluids from the product. If fuel or oil is left in the machine, the courier we use may quarantine the product delaying delivery. This will result in additional charges and fees that will be passed onto to you.
- If the machine is being returned it is also the responsibility of the customer to package the machine securely, and to print and affix the returns label we supply via email to the package. The courier will provide shipping documentation on collection. The repair and replacement of the machine will take place within a reasonable period of time during standard weekday business hours.
- Pre-collection photos of the item un-packaged and packaged ready for collection will be required. This is a courier requirement to protect you just in case the courier damages the item on the way back.
- Please note that if the item has a non-warrantable fault the customer will be charged for carriage both ways, parts and labour.
Parts only supply:
- If a machine can be repaired on site we may send out replacement parts under the terms of the warranty. To achieve this we must have photographic evidence of the faulty part / damaged area, clearly highlighting the defect or by having the part returned to us.
- If we are to send out a new part before we have either the faulty part or photographic evidence we will charge for the new part. When we receive the faulty part back we will test the part, if the part is found to be faulty due to a manufacturing defect we will then refund the purchase price and shipping of the replacement.
How do I cancel an order?
You may cancel your order (or any part of it) for any reason before delivery, however, you may receive your order before you have time to cancel it.
All total prices for goods and services at the checkout represent the total, VAT-inclusive price payable by the customer for those items. For deliveries to the European Union (EU), this price includes VAT (or VAT equivalent) at the relevant rate. VAT exempt customers should contact us with their VAT number for a refund.
Pramac Portable Returns
If the customer wishes to return the unit as they no longer require it or have selected the wrong model, then the unit must be returned to us as new, in the box at their cost, by way of their carrier.
The unit must not have being fuelled at any point or had the oil put in. There is a 10% restocking charge for all units returned to us this way.
For returns that come back to us, fuelled, oiled, or used, we reserve the right not to accept them or to apply a larger restocking and test fee. This would be quoted to you at the time.
For faulty units that require return under warranty, we arrange the collection and the redelivery at our cost.
We will of course always take sensible approach on any fee’s applied and will happily review case circumstances on a job by job basis if required.
The above only applies to portable generator product, not 1500rpm standby or rental machines.